Friday, December 07, 2007

Snow Day (Sorta)

I never could get an answer at Kidlet's school today so she is enjoying the day with an old friend. Me, I'm at work, wishing I was sitting by the fire, working on the holiday knitting, cocoa within arm's reach.

But before all that, at 7:30 this morning, after a half-assed breakfast ("Mama, can I have a snowman Peep?"), we bundled up and built a muddy little snowman. The dogs were bounding around, even our little shorthaired-always-chilly cancer patient. Cold air in the lungs is so refreshing.

Not looking forward to the drive home tonight, with the possiblity of these slushy roads turning to crunchy ice. But once I get there, I'll start a fire and snuggle down with my little family. Hope y'all have a cozy, sparkly, chocolatey weekend.

2 comments:

*camerashymomma* said...

i'm wishing for sparkly, but only in my dreams. i'll take chocolately instead! :)

Dominique said...

They make snowman Peeps? Gotta get some!