Thursday, February 25, 2010

Cedar Waxwing

As I walked out of work yesterday after a truly long day, I heard birdsong I had never heard before. I looked around and saw these beauts in a tree. There were about half a dozen and they were so sweet for me to wait for me to get my camera to snap a few shots. Cedar Waxwings have a little tufted feather on top of their heads and as these were juveniles, they were a soft gray with cream bellies brushed with yellow. And those bandit masks? Cute, cute, cute. I've never seen them before; perhaps they were heading home for spring?

3 comments:

Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

they are around. they are one of my mom's favorite birds and have been hanging out lately in her yard and up at the park.
They are sweet aren't they?

Theresa said...

I love this photograph.

Juniper said...

Never heard of this bird but I agree they do look cute! Nice photo, sense a bit of spring hope.