Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Back on the needles again...Miss February


It's actually been on the needles for a while but I'm finally making progress. I have separated for the sleeves and am about 1.5 inches into the lace. I'm enjoying the knitting much more now that I'm out of buttonhole-and-garter-stitch land.

I've done some 'creative' sizing on this thing. I was knitting it as a size small. I tried it on (as suggested) after I knit the eyelet row and the ensuing 3 rows of garter stitch. It was HUGE. I painstakingly unknit 6 rows (I don't trust myself to just pull it off the needles and frog away without losing half of my stitches) and took the whole thing up again as a size XXS. I'm considering doing another fitting because on paper, I should be an XS (only in this sweater...in real life, I'm size large!). But then again, it was GIGANTIC and this sweater is notorious for stretching...well, maybe XXS was more of an educated choice after all.

Back soon with some thoughts (and requests for technical help!) on SEWING a doll. Yes, sewing. Something I don't really know how to do but I've somehow promised a doll for Kidlet.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The Lady is looking gorgeous! Great job! As for a doll, I have no advice. I have yet to sew a doll. I'm anxious to see how yours turns out. Are you using a pattern? I could probably help you with the basic sewing instructions of it and all that though. You know where to find me. :)

raining sheep said...

Looking pretty good! I am just back at work this week and ugh! I feel so NOT ambitious. I can barely force myself to do anything. I want to be at home again, knitting socks.