Friday, September 11, 2009

Yes, it's true. It's sneaking in...

during the night, changing the colors.


The plants are losing their "juiciness" and starting to set seed.


I know the hints have been here for a week now but...


it's still 90 degrees daily! Ugh! Can't the weather change too?

But the balloons are here so it's final, autumn is on its way.

Tomorrow morning, we will be up at the crack of dawn (who am I kidding? It'll still be thoroughly dark.) to stumble down the hill with many parents and kidlets to have coffee and chocolate chip butterscotch cookies under the glow of the balloons. The usual photos will follow.

***

The rest of my weekend will be all about fitting in time to write a "mini research paper" on sex and gender. This is something I found out about a week later than one would hope due to my professor's unusual tactic of not announcing assignments in class, only on our internet campus. A bit of a surprise to me, to say the least. It doesn't matter. I'm happy I spent last weekend knitting instead of writing. One of these days I'll actually take photos of all these knitting projects that I've been working on since the beginning of summer(!).

Enjoy your weekend, all! I will (except for the writing part...heh heh).

1 comment:

Bean said...

I wish I was physically able to wake up that early, I hope you guys have fun!!