Saturday, August 30, 2008

New Day


Robins are eating the grapes we left for them on the grapevines. I've been hearing their voices coming from under the leaves all morning. I'm starting to think we should have left more; we harvested too early so the grapes we've been nibbling are pretty tart. Yesterday I saw the brightest bird that I have ever seen. I couldn't identify it. It was entirely bright orange with two black bars on its wings. Beak was small and rounded (grosbeak or finch style) and it was similar in size to the sparrows that were desperately trying to chase it off.

I will no longer be complaining to you about school stress. I'm going to unload myself of the burden of one class later today (horray!). I feel miles better already.

The photo on this post is just the result of some strange settings in my camera. I haven't been taking many photos lately. I'm really pining for a Holga and many other film cameras right now (despite the fact I have a borrowed Nikon under my desk). Maybe I should pick some film up for the Nikon today.

Enough procrastinating, back to my school reading...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wise woman. (get the film.)

raining sheep said...

Are you crazy woman! You took TWO classes! NEVER EVER do that...it will kill you. You can't work, look after loved ones and do two classes and still stay sane. Life is too short to torture yourself. I am glad you saw the light. I have an old film camera but I as much as I love the look of film, I have made a conscious decision to not use it because of the environmental impact...the chemicals, the fact that it has to be developed to see the end product. Sigh! it was a tough decision to make, but so it is...although when I look at images some bloggers are shooting with film, I just kick myself.

Rebecca said...

i have one of those 3/4 lens holga's i'd glady send you. i used it a few times, but then the new/novelty wore off and i haven't done a thing with it in a year or more? it's not the type with 8 serial lenses but with 4? i can't find the specs. let me know and i'll pop it in the mail to you. it might sate you for a short while, at least!

Anonymous said...

pining for a holga here too. and they aren't really that expensive. Just...keep putting it off.