Monday, December 08, 2008

Strange Flu

Whew. Last night, I felt like someone was kicking me in the gut repeatedly. Feverish. 'Tis a lovely flu. At least that's all it does, gives you the sensation of getting kicked in the gut and that strange spacey feeling. I dropped Kidlet off at school (over her cries of "No! No! No! I just want to be with Mama!") and slept for 4 hours.

Kidlet is in her I-don't-want-to-go-to-school-because-I-hate-it-hate-it-hate-it phase. Sigh. It was so much easier last Monday and Tuesday when she skipped merrily off to her classroom. It's charming and sweet that she says that she loves me so much she only wants to be with me. I'm trying to save the feeling as I know in 6 years, I'll be way too uncool to be in her presence. I tried to tell her that but she didn't believe me.

So now me and my aching head are going to attempt piling all the Xmas presents in the middle of the floor and sort everything out. I've been ordering gifts for my Xmas list for a couple of months now. I often end up stowing them in the nearest dark corner which could prove problematic for finding them all.

It's either Xmas present organization or finishing my school presentation. I finished the photo part yesterday (wow, the photos are so contrasty, but that's this strange harsh late autumn light for you) and printed out the text this morning. I don't think there's any way I can fit it all on my presentation board. A bit of a problem, no? I only have a couple more days to work on this since it's due in the last class, Thursday. It was a good class, despite any complaining you may have heard here. As I work for a company that heavily invests in environmental causes, it was very interesting to see where the movement came from.

Ok, before I flop over again, I'd better get to working on something.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ugh.. sorry to hear you aren't feeling well! I feel so disorganized about Christmas this year. I haven't taken Christmas pictures (for a card), I have a good start on my shopping, but realized there are still plenty of presents to be purchased, only some of my decorations are out. I am just not feeling it this year. I hope you get everything (incl. your school work) sorted before crashing again. Feel better!

Anonymous said...

ooh, I'm sorry you're sick, my dear. I thought I felt a bit of something coming on, but it hasn't taken hold luckily. I hope you feel better and come out the other side of this class soon!

raining sheep said...

Boy, sorry to read you are not well. I have been so lucky so far...everyone is sick at work. I have been on planes (traveling again next week) where germs breed like bunnies and so far so good. Next week is my last week of work and then two weeks of holiday bliss. Can't wait.