Friday, February 16, 2007

German Shepherd Dog (A bit of a cheat)




Couple posts ago, I talked about being inspired by the Wurstminster Dog Show and I thought I'd try my hand at doing a little piece of art for each breed. Well, here's my entry for the GSD (German Shepherd Dog). It's a bit of a cheat, as I painted this about a dozen years ago. But I figured it might kick start my project.

At the time of painting, we had a GSD, Mojo. Damn, I loved that dog. He was an awful puppy, but a model citizen when he grew up. As a pup, he ate through a couch, a couple chairs, many pairs of shoes, hats, books, CDs, and three layers of flooring and subflooring. He was kind, protective, and a big love. We lost him a couple years ago, while I was pregnant with Kidlet. I worried that my hysterical grief would somehow damage the growing baby in belly (yes, I worry a little too much about...well, just about everything). I wish he had gotten to meet Kidlet. He was a very good dog.

I already have a good idea for 'Pomeranian' and for some reason 'Affenpinscher' just keeps resonating in my head. Don't think I ever met an Affenpinscher, even in my months as a dog washer. I'll have to do some research on that one.

4 comments:

Knitting Momma said...

Oh my God! Affenpinscher keeps going through my head, too!! Can you believe it???

Just kidding. Have a great weekend!!!

Nessie Noodle said...

ani I LOVE this! it cracks me up and I would totally hang it up in my house. I can't wait to see more. If you need a schnauzer to work of off let me know, I happen to have one available, tee hee.

Ani said...

I would love to have a little model to work from! And if no work got done, snuggling a little pup never hurt. Thanks for the compliments.

Affenpinscher, c'mon...you know it sticks in your head like penut butter! Ok, too much coffee, weird trains of thought.

Biby Cletus said...

Nice post, its a really cool blog that you have here, keep up the good work, will be back.

Warm Regards

Biby Cletus - Blog