Friday, November 17, 2006
Five Words: The Project Edition
Now that I have come out of my 'wow, I finished my class, now I'll raise a glass' haze, it's time to think about the good stuff...creativity! Projects!
1. Knitting--I am so dang ready! I've been seeing stuff I want to knit EVERYWHERE. I saw this in the latest Anthropologie catalog and am inspired. I have a blue bunny sitting in my head made of Rowan Soft Baby. Christmas gifts that still can't be talked about. Socks made of this. I'm hoping I can maybe cast on tonight but I've got some work stuff to take care of when I get home tonight and I really have to start making pie dough as I've got three pumpkins and a box of apples that need transforming.
2. Holiday Cards--I really want to make my own this year. I don't send too many out any more, which is sad because that means I've lost touch with a lot of folks. But on the other hand, that means I might be able to make cards since I only need to make 8 to 10! Seeing the good side of everything, eh? I drew up a little elf-y guy last week and last year (yes, last year) I doodled a reindeer in a necktie that I still like. I bought some blank cards at Ben Franklin last year for when Ruby painted our cards and glitterized everyone's homes but they just aren't the quality I'd like to have. Anyone have any good ideas for getting quality blank cards really fast?
3. Craft Fair--Last year was the first year that work did a holiday craft fair. I made baked goodies that flew out the door. I knew all year the craft fair was coming again and no, I didn't do any planning and now I guess I'm making baked goods again. Last year, I made three different types of brownies (super-choco, mint and peanut butter), Pinky's brown sugar fudge, and chocolate chip cookies. This year, I think I'm going to keep it down to chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter brownies (by special request of a fave coworker), super-choco brownies and a vegan treat (unknown at this point). I've never baked vegan but we do have some vegan folks here and I could tell they were bummed when they asked me last year if any of the treats were friendly for them. Hence the question...anyone out there know any good vegan cookie/treat recipes?
4. Decorations--OH I'M SO EXCITED FOR THE HOLIDAYS! I like to change up the look of the house. Right now, I'm planning the decorations for our little mantle. I think I'm going with a snowy frosty theme with silver, white and either pale blue or red (or both). I'm trying to pull together this stuff a little early, I know it's not even Thanksgiving, but I want to try my very best to keep the holiday as stress-free and relaxed as possible. So I will do all my 'hustle 'n bustle' now.
5. Inspiration--Started reading my Moomin book last night and Tove Jansson's drawings are so simple and beautiful. I need to start drawing a heck of a lot more often.
Ok, I thought blogger lost my post for a moment there so I'd better send it on its merry way. And have yourself a merry little weekend...see, I am in the holiday spirit.