Thursday, November 08, 2007

A Musical Interlude

Seeing The Darjeeling Limited (yes, I'm still thinking about it) resparked my interest in a favorite Kinks album that I had forgotten about (Lola versus Powerman and the Moneygoround, Part One). In the film, they featured three songs, "Strangers" (my heart swells whenever I hear this song; it's an all-time fave), "Powerman" and "This Time Tomorrow". The past two mornings after I drop Kidlet off (and that has been hard this week), I blare the CD in my little car as I zip down the highway. This morning, "Lola" came on as I pulled into the parking lot at work and I was singing at the top of my lungs, accompanied by hand gestures. Man, that song is brilliant. I loved it as a kid for the novelty factor, but it's brilliant. Anyway, had to share. I may be alone here, but hey, it's in me.

No comments: