Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thankful...Sad, but Thankful

I have received word that our sweet Nora dog's cancer is taking a tour through her body. Her days are limited but she still does her tap dance and wags her tail. She eats her food (and all the fancy food that I'm sneaking to her so our other dog doesn't notice). And she's still a champion snuggler.

I'm thankful that we chose each other, saving her from doggie death row six years ago.

I'm thankful we've been able to provide her with medication to ease the pain of her rickety hips.

I'm thankful she had another summer so she could bask in the sun.

I'm thankful I've been able to experience her cheerful disposition and dancing on a daily basis.

Sigh. I'm not good at this.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh gosh. I don't even know what to say, except I'm so sorry.

Anonymous said...

oh dear, ani. so sad for you. and amazed by your ability to be thankful in the midst.

Ani said...

thanks, liz and emily. sometimes i think, "oh, she's doing great...she'll be here for a couple months" and then a few hours later she's shaky and i know it's coming soon. we've had time to think about it since her history with cancer is long, a year and a half. we know her time here has been good. just trying to remind myself of the bright side... :)

Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

oh!
xo to you and to sweet nora dog.