Thursday, November 29, 2007

yfwd, K2tog, K1* repeat


Sorry it's been quiet on the western front here. I've been so wrapped up (yarn over, knit 2) in this knit for my Grandma that I don't want to think about much else. I'm making a (very) abbreviated version of River (just one pattern repeat) to make a table scarf. I'm looking for more knitting podcasts to listen to (beside my beloved Stash and Burn) so that while I'm at work doing data entry, I can listen to people talk about knitting. Knit! Knit! Knit! I wish I had more time to do it. I've got so many projects in mind but I just don't forsee knitting a sweater, a pair of socks for hubby, another pair of these for Xmas, and these mitts before school plunges me back into knit-a-row-a-week mode (in a month and a half--eeep!). Oh yeah, still need to finish the Jaywalkers (resurrected) and the two Xmas presents. Don't forget that.

My photography is in hibernation and the few photos I've been taking look just like photos I've taken before. I must admit though, it's been nice to not feel the urge to whip out the camera all the time. I say all this as though I haven't taken a photo in months. It's been a few days.

I'm starting my annual work load increase but luckily, it isn't going to be as bad as usual this year since I pawned a big monkey off my back to another department. Whew. This is giving me a little more time to consider what holiday fun I want to concoct for the family. Ummm...I pretty much have every weekend between now and Xmas jam packed with festivities. Yeah. This weekend is a popcorn party premiering Rudolph on our small screen. Maybe Pipakuks. Unpacking the decorations. Planning what other treats I want to make later in the month (the weekend of the 15th and 16th, so it says on my list).

I've also been enjoying peeking in the mailbox. Day before yesterday, I received my y'at pack from Cathy. It has been tonic for my overstressed self. We're still juggling Nora's condition, with its roller coaster-y nature. The good and the bad. Cathy's mail reminded me to look for the good.

Take care, gang. Posting will probably be somewhat sporadic until after the holidays, but I'll be around. Snuggle down and drink some cocoa/tea/coffee/booze.

1 comment:

Dominique said...

Just received your package.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!