Monday, May 12, 2008

Flying Along

I'm cruising along with my little bluebird (that looked nothing like the pattern once I finished the 'head/body' so I happily started modifying). I need to get down to the yarn shop for some beak and leg yarn, but it's coming together so quickly. I love it. I think I'm going to make a flock.

I spent my Mother's Day cleaning the garage. No, no need to groan. It was AMAZING. Kidlet kept herself occupied for the entire three hours and I did a massive reorganization. I thinned out stuff last year so this was just putting everything in its place. I love the gentle ache of a finished project. Next week: the yard. It can no longer be put off.

I ate pie, spent time with family and friends (and had buckets of fun), cooked and knitted. I also revisited my Create-a-Thing-a-Day Month and while I was coming up for weekly themes, I found a theme that I want to explore for a month: children's books and illustrations. More details to come!

Edited to add: whoops! I forgot to link to the original bluebird pattern. See, mine didn't quite look like that little guy.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

holy cow, that bluebird is gorgeous. your pattern? are you sharing?

Unknown said...

Cute~! Can't wait to see the finished product. :D

raining sheep said...

Groan! I have to clean our garage...but it will take renting a bin after the bathroom renos we did this past year....I think I will let the Babe do it and promise him a great dinner...I would rather cook than clean any day.!