Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Impromptu Project


After catching up on my Whip Up reading, I saw the "Knit a River" project. It is a petition calling for water and toilets for all. It was a good excuse for me to use this fantastic blue yarn that's been languishing ye olde crafte closet. I purchased the yarn several years ago right as I was learning to knit. I had it in my mind that I was going to design a bag with it. I bought one 50 gram ball. Hmmm, I don't think that is going to cut it. But I did try to make a small bag, carried it around for one day and the strap stretched to my knees and the bag stretched out to double its size. Frog on! It was terribly expensive yarn but I don't have enough to do much with it so at least it is going to a good cause. Find out more here.

And while I'm at it, I suppose one could consider this part of Andrea's color week. It ain't the most inspiring or purty picture, but it is very blue yarn.

No comments: