Monday, June 26, 2006

Stormy



I'm digging the crazy hot weather we are experiencing. Well, let me amend that. I like some of the effects that the crazy hot weather is causing such as the big evening storms and thunder. The other night there was a wild orange light emanating from the skies making everything glow. The red flowers were so vibrant and bright. I was wishing my poppies were still going strong so I could get a photo but all I had were the tattered roses. So instead you get a corner of my favorite tree (it's in our neighbor's yard) and some beautiful sky.

One thing I don't like is the fire danger that the stormy skies bring along with them. We live in the high desert and with this spring being so much wetter than usual, we have quite a bit of fire fodder. Lately I've been thinking I need to put all the important stuff in a central location so if we end up in the path of a fire, it will be easy to clear out quickly. Ok, I'm paranoid. But really! It's a possibility!

Sorry the posts are kind of weak right now. I'm just super tired with the extra work I've been putting in at the ol' job, trying to push through this dang class, not sleeping well, etc.. Once I get past my test and paper in the next few weeks, I think I'll take a break and do some stuff that I like to do for a change. Woot!

No comments: