Thursday, June 15, 2006

Sock it to me!


Found! The sock was found! Found in the linen closet, shoved behind the ugliest duvet cover on earth. I guess I would have found it in the fall, just in time to wear it, when I pulled out the big, warm winter blankies. And here it is in all it's glory, waiting for its mate...

I was afraid of socks but with the help of knittinghelp.com, I was able to tackle them with relative ease. The pattern is Knitting Pure and Simple Beginner's Lightweight Socks and the yarn is Filature di Crosa Multicolor (very fuzzy, good for hiding any anomolies in my knitting). Now I am feeling much more confident in my abilities and am looking forward to doing some lacework as soon as I have that ever-so-precious commodity, time. I'm finding if I just read the entire pattern once, promptly forget about the daunting bits and tackle them one row at a time, it's really not so tough. And here is picture of my last finished project, StarKitty. I love her, even if Ruby isn't that excited by her. Pattern, my own. Yarn, Rowan Baby Soft. I loved making this up and want to do more softies. I have a blue bunny in mind next. Along with about 21 other projects.

No comments: