Monday, July 17, 2006

The Ani Update

Yikes, I just realized how long it's been since I posted. Wish I could say it's because we've been having so much dang fun, but alas, not so.

The Good--Eating the last of the Ikeda's pie, getting work done on my paper for school, having laughs with Ruby as we make a 'tent' out of a futon, enjoying the sounds of hubby's new guitar, checking out the new fish we got for Ruby's tank.

The Bad--Not finishing the paper for school, me only being able to sleep 4 hours last night for some unknown reason, the hot house not cooling down at night.

The Ugly--Awaiting Nora's cancer test results, Ruby getting sick.

Poor Nora dog, Nora requested I assist her with restarting her blog and then our high spirits were dashed with a diagnosis of cancer on a lump on her leg. Nora's been really good about her little surgery that took the lumpiness off her leg. We are hoping/wishing/praying that all the cancer was removed and we are done. Maybe when we are passed the funky post-surgery collar stage we'll get back to work on Nora's blog.

I am so happy my paper is finally coming together and I am almost done with it. I REALLY wanted to finish it this weekend so I could start my next trial, the test. I haven't had to take a test or write a paper in oh, let's see, 14 years? It's miserable trying to get back into the swing of it. This class keeps me from doing all the nifty fun craft stuff I want to do because pretty much every spare evening is spent either worrying about the class or working on the class. It really makes me want to drop out of school but I spent so much money on this stupid class and it's already taken me 5 months to get this far...it's hard to not continue. At least I'm at the half way point. Oi.

On the crafty front, I'm still working on the interminable socks. Not to say I don't like working on them, especially since I'm almost at the fun heel part, but I just wish I had more time to get them out of the 'work in progress' stage and into the 'finished object' stage. I've been doodling for my petit guerilla art project. I've been making little cards and leaving them for folks to find. I did a few 'test' cards for loved ones and it was well-received so the general public will be getting them next. I would still like to make garden cards--cards to leave in mailboxes for folks who have really great gardens--but I haven't got very far with it. I also want to start sewing quilts, working on a sock bunny, make freezer paper stencils for t-shirts/skirts, making stuffed animals, more knitty projects...ok, you get the picture.

Other than all of that, I've been a huge flickr junkie lately. I had a dream the other night (the night I DID sleep) where I was just riffling through more and more photos on my lappy. Here's a few of the latest faves:

tree sweater
mumin
landscape
bookshelf

Back to work. Yup, for real. I'm the only worker bee at work today so I'd better get to it.

1 comment:

justin said...

I was just on a river trip in Idaho with some folks from SF, and can you guess what we talked about? Ikedas. Something about pie. I still remember and lust after these pies from a fruit stand in New York, like the "rosebud" of pies. The place is still there, though, and I got to re-live my pie fantasy maybe 2 years ago now. If I ever get rich I'm gonna fly back to that place every weekend for pie.